The Low at Vermilion

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Faith, hope, charity. Run, rise, rest: in Thee.

Well the kids at school have been signing up for their ECAs (extra curricular activities) and it turns out I've got my first pick of runners for Cross Country. Sorry, that's a slip! It turns out they have their first pick of ECA. Ahem. Anyway I have a group of eleven,plus a homeschool kid who'll join us too. These are kids who have survived and thrived through daily, relentless, Darwinian games of tag in our somewhat unique playground- a wooded, rooted, rocked and rutted series of 60 degree slopes reaching down to the boundary fence. Their legs are skinny and hard like driftwood, knees shiny with scars. They've been hassling me for cross country ever since I mentioned I might do it for ECA. We ran our first XC trial in PE today and they ate it up. So next Wednesday is the day. Of course it's all about the joy of running and giving them the opportunity once a week to reach in and find out who they really are; but I'd still like to find a few other schools to race against.

I'm very blessed. Done nothing to deserve it. No idea how to be properly grateful. God help me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home